If you are like most web site owners, you have a deficit of photos on your web site. You just do not have the time, energy, or money to spend searching out photos for your site. However, you have forgotten one important aspect: people are primarily visual. That means that lines and lines of text, while they work great for search engine optimization and link building, do not work so well for the actual people you are trying to reach. So, you need photos, but you still do not want to pay for them. Well, here is the solution to your problem. Here are five sites to find great, high-quality photos free for private and commercial use.
1. Woophy – Do not let the weird name throw you off. It stands for World of Photography and that is what this site is all about. The site’s front page is a world map with little squares showing the density of the photographs taken in that area. This site is great for photos of a specific place or culture. The applications for these photos are endless.
2. Stock.xchng – This site offers a big plus for the photography buffs out there. Not only are the photos free, but they also include information such as camera used and exposure used when the photo was taken. There are many, many photos available on this site and most are from professional photographers.
3. MorgueFile – This site is unusual in that many of the photos are posted by amateur photographers. That means you have a wide variety of photos to choose from on multiple topics, but this also means that some of the photos are blurry, unfocused, or just a little off. However, they have a place on their front page that features the best photos of the day. That is definitely something that you will want to take a look at.
4. FreeDigitalPhotos –This site is a great place to get traditional stock photography for free. Although only the ‘small’ size is free, it is usually more than large enough for day to day applications. You can find stock photos on a variety of topics, and they are all free. All you have to do to download them is agree to attribute correctly and enter the verification code so they know you read the agreement.
5. StockVault- Last but not least, this site is purely professional. If you are looking for a large, high-quality image than look no further. The photos on this site are all provided by professional photographers and only some of them are free, but they do have a lot of free ones available and they are clearly marked. Browse the favorites page to see the best of the best free photos. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
No matter what your web site is about or what your photo needs are, one or more of these sites should become a permanent part of your portfolio. They offer the best of both worlds. They are high quality and they are free. Can you really ask for anything more?
Author Bio: Heather Smith is an ex-nanny. Passionate about thought leadership and writing, Heather regularly contributes to various career, social media, public relations, branding, and parenting blogs/websites. She also provides value to nanny service by giving advice on site design as well as the features and functionality to provide more and more value to nannies and families across the U.S. and Canada. She can be available at H.smith7295 [at] gmail.com.
If you enjoyed this article and you want to keep learning then please subscribe to My Feed for all the lastest help making you money online!
This site runs on the Thesis WordPress Theme
If you’re someone who doesn’t understand a lot of PHP, HTML, or CSS, Thesis will give you a ton of functionality without having to alter any code. For the advanced, Thesis has incredible customization possibilities via extensive hooks and filters. And with so many design options, you can use the template over and over and never have it look like the same site.
If you’re more familiar with how websites work, you can use the fantastic Thesis User’s Guide and world-class support forums to make more professional customizations than you ever thought possible. The theme is not only highly customizable, but it allows me to build sites with a much more targeted focus on monetization than ever before. You can find out more about Thesis below: