Cracking into the online writing market is not easy to do. For one, it’s flooded with people who all are trying to snag the same writing jobs that you are. For two, the numbers of actual opportunities are relatively low in number when compared to the number of scams that are trying to lure you in with promises of quick money and overnight success. Every writer knows that overnight success, quick money, and writing don’t belong in the same sentence. There are, however, a few tried and true methods to being a successful online writer, though they all require a certain amount of dedication and perseverance. If you’re looking for more ways to branch out into the online writing world, try one of these five options:
1. Ghostwriter –A ghostwriter is a professional writer who gets paid to write articles, books, essays, etc. for someone else. Once the written piece is published it will be credited to someone else. The ghostwriter then makes a portion of the proceeds. There are plenty of different ghostwriting opportunities available online, however you have to be OK with doing the grunt work and letting someone else take the credit for it.
2. Freelancer – Being a freelancer writer generally means you can work from anywhere. You typically pitch ideas to publishers and editors and if they accept your idea then you move forward with the piece. In some instances some companies will also hire freelancers on a consistent basis, providing a somewhat steady income.
3. Blogger – If you can figure out how to market your blog and reign in solid advertisers you have the potential to make decent money through blogging. The bloggers that blog full-time have not only become blogging experts, but also social media extraordinaire, and use that knowledge to leverage their blog traffic in lucrative ways.
4. Paid Reviewer – There are many opportunities online that allow bloggers or website owners to be compensated for their review of a particular product or service. This usually means placing a link on their site in exchange for the compensation and corresponding review.
5. Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing allows you to partner with a particular brand or product and then make money off of sales you help them acquire. In general this means that you have an ad to their site on your blog or website and you promote them to your readers in an effort to get them to visit your affiliate’s website. When purchases are made by your readers or visitors you make a percentage of the sale.
While a quick Google search may make it seem like there are plenty of opportunities to make money online, it can actually be pretty hard to distinguish yourself from all of the other vying writers out there. Try as many different tactics as possible to get your name out there. Despite how hard it may seem at first, making money online as a writer isn’t impossible, and once you get started and become more comfortable with the process you’ll see your success grow.
Author Bio: This Guest post is by Christine Kane from internet service providers, she is a graduate of Communication and Journalism. She enjoys writing about a wide-variety of subjects for different blogs. She can be reached via email at: Christi.Kane00 @ gmail.com.
If you enjoyed this article and you want to keep learning then please subscribe to My Feed for all the lastest help making you money online!
This site runs on the Thesis WordPress Theme
If you’re someone who doesn’t understand a lot of PHP, HTML, or CSS, Thesis will give you a ton of functionality without having to alter any code. For the advanced, Thesis has incredible customization possibilities via extensive hooks and filters. And with so many design options, you can use the template over and over and never have it look like the same site.
If you’re more familiar with how websites work, you can use the fantastic Thesis User’s Guide and world-class support forums to make more professional customizations than you ever thought possible. The theme is not only highly customizable, but it allows me to build sites with a much more targeted focus on monetization than ever before. You can find out more about Thesis below: